In addition to enhanced COVID-19 Protocols, please note we have also modified a few other areas of The Retreat:
We want make sure your time with us is a great experience, and that you feel you’ve received the best possible service at The Retreat. In order to do so, we ask for you to please review the following policies.
Online booking requests are always available, but please bear in mind that your appointment request is not confirmed until you receive an email confirmation from us. You are also welcome to call 919-381-5342, or email email@example.com with your appointment inquiries. We will respond as quickly as possible.
We ask that all clients (gift card holders, too) have a credit card on file at the time of booking.
Please be on time or arrive a few minutes early for your appointment. We want you to have time to relax and enjoy your time with us.
For new guests, we recommend you complete your paperwork (emailed to you) ahead of arrival. If not, please arrive 10 minutes before your treatment to allow time to complete the necessary forms.
For all clients, late arrival will mean we have to reduce your treatment time, or reschedule your appointment. This will depend upon your service and the time at which you arrive after your appointment. We must be considerate of the client who follows your appointment.
Please note: if you are scheduled for one of our 15 minute waxing appointments and are late, you will be rescheduled and charged the full cancellation fee.
We require 24 hour notice to cancel an appointment. Less than 24 hours notice will result in a charge of 50% of the treatment price. If you cancel within 4 hours of your appointment, or fail to show for an appointment, we will charge you 100% of the treatment price. There will be no charge if you must cancel because of Covid-19 related symptoms or concerns.
Upon confirmation of your appointment, we will email you with a reminder of time and date. You will also receive text reminders at 3 and 2 days prior to your appointment time.
Our COVID protocols are thorough and have been effective for the past 15 months, but they require your participation. Upon booking your appointment, we will forward you a full set of instructions and requirements regarding your visit. Please review these prior to arrival for your appointment.
Since the beginning of the pandemic The Retreat has been very serious about the safety our staff and our clients. We’ve employed the following changes:
- Re-designed the layout of the studio to improve traffic and airflow
- Installed more impervious surfaces
- Constructed a new linen room to handle laundry in a more contained and sanitized environment
- Installed touch-less appliances
- Redesigned the break-room to be more open and conducive to therapists rest/recovery between appointments
- We regularly perform thorough cleanings throughout the day in common areas
- Treatment rooms are fully sanitized between each client
- Regularly maintained air purifiers are in place throughout the studio and in each treatment room
- Ample PPE and cleaning materials regularly stocked, and are available in every room of the studio
- Masks worn by team members in all areas of the studio, and clients are required to wear masks through-out their entire appointment
- In January/February we worked directly with the Durham Department of Health to vaccinate our team
We believe your appointment should be something to look forward to – even if it is bikini wax. We also believe every client, no matter shape, shade, age or background feels welcome, wanted, and cared-for by The Retreat team. If the treatment you booked doesn’t meet your expectations, we want the opportunity to fix it for you, or provide you a refund.